Meghan Markle Reaches Out to Queen Elizabeth II Upon Learning About Prince Philip Hospitalization

While the Duchess of Sussex reveals how she reacted to news about the 99-year-old royal, her husband Prince Harry explains what differentiate the two of them from most of his family members.

AceShowbizMeghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, called Queen Elizabeth II as soon as she heard that Prince Philip had been hospitalized.

The 99-year-old royal was taken to hospital on a precautionary measure in February and has since undergone a procedure for a pre-existing heart condition, as well as tests and monitoring relating to an infection.

And in her tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan – who, along with her husband Prince Harry, stepped down as a senior member of the Royal Family last year (2020) – said she immediately phoned Queen Elizabeth, the wife of Prince Philip, to ask how she was doing.

In the pre-recorded interview, she said, “This morning I woke up earlier than H and saw that there was a note from someone in our team in the U.K. saying the Duke of Edinburgh had gone to the hospital. I just picked up the phone and I called the Queen just to check in. I just called, that’s what we do.”

  See also…

  • Kim Kardashian Admits to Feeling Like a ‘F**king Loser’ Amid Kanye West Divorce
  • Leigh-Anne Pinnock Applauds Meghan Markle for Strength in Speaking Out About Underlying Racism
  • Meghan Markle Stresses Media’s Rude Treatment at Royal Family Is Not the Same to Racism
  • Tyler Perry Provides Prince Harry and Meghan Markle With Security After Royal Family Removed Theirs

Harry, 36, then added that whilst most of his family have a “level of control” in the things they do, he and Meghan prefer to just “be authentic.”

He said, “For so many of my family what they do, there’s a level of control in it. Because they’re fearful of what the papers are going to say about them. Whereas with us, it’s just like, be yourself. Be authentic, be genuine, just go and do what’s best for you. If you get it wrong you get it wrong, if you get it right you get it right.”

Philip was admitted to hospital last month after feeling unwell and has spent 17 nights there so far in what is his longest-ever stay while being treated for an infection.

On Friday, March 5, the royal underwent a “successful procedure” relating to a pre-existing heart condition, and is now resting at King Edward VII’s Hospital.

A statement from Buckingham Palace read, “Following The Duke of Edinburgh’s successful procedure at St Bartholomew’s Hospital on Wednesday, His Royal Highness has been transferred to King Edward VII’s Hospital this morning. The Duke is expected to remain in hospital for continuing treatment for a number of days.”

Source: Read Full Article